Texas Interventional Endoscopy Group
4th Annual 1st Year Fellows Course
Saturday July 15, 2023
Educational Objectives —
Upon completion of this course, participants will have experienced hands-on demonstrations within small groups on methods listed below with dedicated hours to perform each technique and discuss relevancy and importance:
• Demonstrate proper technique for biopsy and injections using multiple methods.
• Describe important principles of electrocautery as applied in the GI tract.
• Demonstrate the use of rescue strategies for foreign body removal in the GI tract.
• Discuss efficacy and safety of endoscopic band ligation snare polypectomy with hands on demonstration.
• Trial ergonomics and scope setup with proper techniques transferable to live case scenarios.
• Demonstrate endoscopic clipping and hemospray techniques for safe and effective treatment of various bleeding gastrointestinal lesions and patient safety.
Registration is free for first year advanced endoscopy fellows.
Hotel reservations- Hilton Garden Inn Medical Center check-in 7/14 check-out 7/15 king bed rate $134+tax, book by 6/30/2023.
On April 21, 2022 TxIEG had the pleasure to host Debates in GERD Dinner featuring Reena Chokshi, MD; Erik Wilson, MD; Shawn Groth, MD; and Kerry Dunbar, MD. The expert panel of surgeons and GI physicians discussed how to approach and manage different types of patients with GERD. Over 30 local physicians attended and contributed to a great night of discussion. Click for event pics and details.
On March 25, 2022 TxIEG held the 2nd Annual Transluminal & Third Space Endoscopy Workshop featuring expert, world renowned endoscopists and surgeons. The event featured lab training and lectures. Click for event pics and details.
Leadership. Innovation. Training.