Sat, Jul 15|
Hilton Garden Inn Medical Center Houston
4th Annual 1st Year Fellows Course
Time & Location
Jul 15, 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM CDT
Hilton Garden Inn Medical Center Houston, 6840 Almeda Rd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
About the Event
1st year fellows course:
Educational Objectives —
Upon completion of this course, participants will have experienced hands-on demonstrations within small groups on methods listed below with dedicated hours to perform each technique and discuss relevancy and importance:
• Demonstrate proper technique for biopsy and injections using multiple methods.
• Describe important principles of electrocautery as applied in the GI tract.
• Demonstrate the use of rescue strategies for foreign body removal in the GI tract.
• Discuss efficacy and safety of endoscopic band ligation snare polypectomy with hands on demonstration.
• Trial ergonomics and scope setup with proper techniques transferable to live case scenarios.
• Demonstrate endoscopic clipping and hemospray techniques for safe and effective treatment of various bleeding gastrointestinal lesions and patient safety.
For accomodations- Room block reservation at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Medical Center, check-in 7/14/2023, check-out 7/15/2023; 1 King Bed Rate $134+tax available until 6/14/2023. Method of reservation: Online: Hotel reservation or call 1-800-HILTONS provide group code: Texas Interventional Endoscopy Group (TXIEG).
1st year fellow
Jul 14, 5:00 PM CDT
Jul 15, 4:00 PM CDT